The Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Kau Chung Yuan –
Orthopaedic Surgeon in Singapore
MBBS (S’pore), MRCS (Ireland), MMed (Ortho), FRCSEd (Ortho)
Dr Kau is a Fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon with a subspecialty interest in Hip and Knee surgery. He is experienced in trauma and fracture management, sports injuries, and joint replacement surgery.
“Orthopaedic Surgery is a special blend of science and art. There is much joy in operating, but great satisfaction comes from seeing so many patients recover well after surgery. It’s a privileged role, to be able to play a part and touch someone’s life. Finding a solution which best fits the individual, it’s this which has kept me challenged and going all this time.”
Dr Kau is a Fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon with a subspecialty interest in Hip and Knee surgery and has been in practice for more than 15 years. He is experienced in trauma and fracture management, sports injuries, and joint replacement surgery.
Previously working as an Adjunct Assistant Professor and Consultant within a strong department at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Dr Kau has treated a high volume of complex cases, and is experienced in many conditions, including trauma and general Orthopaedics. He is versatile and skilled in fracture care, sports injuries and ligament reconstruction surgery.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Adult Reconstruction Service, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Visiting Consultant, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Visiting Consultant, Woodlands Health
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (NTU-Imperial College)
- Orthopaedic Co-Lead, LKC SOM Orthopaedic Undergraduate Program
- Senior Lecturer, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (NUS)
- Core Clinical Faculty Member, NHG-AHPL Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
- Consultant for Medical Device CompaniesLtd
- Zimmer-Biomet Pte Ltd
- Stryker Singapore
- Smith and Nephew (Pte Ltd)
- Johnson and Johnson Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, Orthopaedics (FRCS, Edin) 2014
- Master of Medicine (Orthopaedics), Singapore (MMed) 2013
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (MRCS, Ire) 2009
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS, Singapore) 2004
- Member, Singapore Orthopaedic Association
- Member, AO Trauma Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Ortho) Edinburgh Professional Awards
- Human Manpower Development Program (HMDP) Award, Ministry of Health, Singapore, 2015
- Best Houseman Award (Orthopaedics), Singapore General Hospital, 2004
We collaborate with most major insurance partners in Singapore to ensure our patients’ peace of mind in their treatment journey. We understand the importance of financial considerations and offer assistance and financing information to our patients. Please reach out to our staff and we will be happy to provide you with the information you require.
Dr Kau was very careful and explained clearly the surgery procedures. After surgery, the care while I was in hospital was closely monitored and he even came during weekends! The hip so far has recovered and healed. His ‘predictions’ of when what can happen are so accurate. Trust him.Ming Lee Chua
Dr. Kau is an exemplary doctor who is experienced in his field and is very patient with his patients. He walked me through the details of my knee condition and addressed all my concerns. Thanks to Dr. Kau, I had a better understanding of my ACL and MCL injury and the various treatment options available. His advice and treatment have been very valuable to me.Ethan Chan
I had a very successful total hip replacement done by Dr Kau 4 years ago. 4 months after the operation I was back walking, cycling and swimming. The beautiful job gave me much confidence Dr Kau is most professional and has such great doctor patient communication.Teo Pek Suan Diana
SEND US AN ENQUIRY
If you have any enquiry, please do get in touch. Leave us a message and we will get back to you shortly.